Introductions around the bonfire

Home Forums Town Square Off Topic Introductions around the bonfire

This topic contains 5 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Randall Stevenson 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author

Shay Zeldis
    Keymaster
    • Developer

Welcome, one and all, join us by the fire 🙂

This thread is dedicated to personal introductions – we’d like to get to know you better as we have a long road ahead of us together, share as much as you feel like sharing!

I’m Shay, a 30 year old gamer. I love and play tons of genres, so it might be easier to say what I DONT play – not into racing, fighting or most sports games, not really into most mobile games as it too often feels like a blunt way to take up my time, money or ad-attention.
    If I had to pick a ‘favorite’ genre though, it’s probably either turn based tactics or grand strategy. Also a long time roleplayer, and am a Storyteller for an Exalted campaign running straight for 13 years now, definitely one of my favorite hobbies.

My girl and myself have been together for almost three years now, and that relationship is probably the most important thing next to gaming, moved to an actual house (rather than a one-room dump) a few months back and I’m really enjoying the adult-ish life 🙂 Plus I can bring the team over for a BBQ now that I have a yard for it, we’ll upload pictures after it happens.

Am also a sci-fi and fantasy fan, can spend any length of time praising Frank Herbert, Dan Simmons or the last season of the Expanse.

Don’t leave me hanging! Introduce yourself 🙂

Bardon
    Participant
    • Kickstarter Backer

Hey, I’m Bardon.

The name comes from my character on Final Fantasy XI which I played for 10 years. I made some amazing friends in that game and the name is very special to me.

I’m Irish but I live in Japan. I don’t speak much Japanese, much to the chargrin of my wife.

I’m from an older generation of gamers, Commadore 64, Atari 130XE (there’s nothing like waiting 5 minutes for a game to load from tape and be too scared to move in case you caused an error), my first console was the SEGA Master System.

I’m a big fan of Turn Based Strategy due to growing up playing the original fall-out games (I’d still love to play the originally planned Fallout 3) and I also like RTS because of Red Alert and Total Annihilation. I also love RPGs and games that are rich with story. When I was younger I was obsessed with the Football Manager franchise but it’s been many years since I’ve played.

As for games I don’t like, FPS would be top of that list followed by platformers and also the new phenomenon of YouTuber bait games.

I’ve only recently (since last November) turned my hand to making YouTube let’s play videos. I’m still a noob but I’m getting better and I’ve been very lucky to have the support of awesome experienced guys like Game kNight and Morjax to help me along the way. It was through Game kNight that I found the Fort Triumph kickstarter and immediately knew I had to cover it on my channel.

When I grew up in Ireland the nearest games store was a 30 minute bus ride from my house. It wasn’t even a real games store. It was a small book store that had one of revolving stand where they sold games and they carried a few gaming magazines. There was no internet for most people back then so no way to tell if most games were any good or not. So it really was pot luck. I picked a fair few stinkers but also a few gems that provided weeks of entertainment.

Luckily today there are better ways to find good games but it’s still not perfect. As I said I wouldn’t have found Fort Triumph without Game kNight’s help.

That’s enough for now but I’m very happy to meet all the great people who are either making or backing this game. I look forward to chatting to you all in the future.

Guy Wolfus
    Keymaster
    • Developer

Hey all!
    I’m Guy, Game Designer and Lead Animator on the team.

My passion for games started with the good old DOS platformers like Prince of Persia and Aladdin, advanced to the early Blizzard games such as Diablo (best LANs ever), Starcraft and Warcraft II (and HOM&M although it’s not Blizzard – it was the same era of amazing strategy games for me haha) and later on to some PS1 classics like THPS and the almighty Crash Bandicoot.
    Nowadays I play really all kinds of games – I enjoy brawling with friends over Super Smash Bros or competing at couch tournaments of FIFA or CoD.

Most of all, I love story-based games. These usually leave me awed and wanting more, regardless of the genre – if it’s RPGs like The Witcher, point and clicks from Telltale like The Wolf Among Us, or shooters such as The Last of Us, Dishonored or The Order 1886 (yep, I loved that game 🙂 )

Other than games, I’m obviously into 3D Arts.
    Me and my girlfriend really enjoy all the cartoon movies and usually go to see them whenever they play on theater.
    Not all of them are great (Frozen sucked big time imo… hip hip hooray for Zootopia!), but either way we always stay for the titles to appreciate the amount of people and work that’s being put into these pieces (not just Marvel! haha).

That’s about it, looking forward to meet all of you awesome people who share mine and the team’s passion towards Fort Triumph and I know that together we’re gonna make a great game!
    Cheers 🙂

• This reply was modified 5 months, 3 weeks ago by  Guy Wolfus.

Tomer Abadi
    Keymaster
    • Developer

Hi everyone!
    I’m Tomer, Level Designer and Lead Modeler on the team.

I am 27 years old and I’ve been playing video games since i can remember myself. Got my first console at the age of 4, it was the good old Super Nintendo, I remember myself playing Super Mario and Donkey Kong for hours. A few years later i got my Pentium 586 and played games like Dave, Keen, Jazz Jackrabit. Years later i moved out of the Platform games to Red Alert, Warcraft II, Heroes of Might and Magic III and more of that good old nostalgic legendary games.

Fell in love with deep story based games like Metal Gear Solid series (MGS 3 was the best in my opinion), Assassins Creed and Uncharted.
    HUGE fan of Blizzard – Diablo, Warcraft, World of Warcraft, Starcraft, Heroes of the Storm, Hearthstone and now Overwatch, played each and every one of their games, just thought about that in the other day – there isn’t a single day on the week that the word ‘Blizzard’ isn’t coming out of my mouth :).

All of those years of gaming gave me the passion to be a part of that industry by creating games, 3D Art is my way to do it.
    Nice to meet you all, looking forward to see more people joining our community and share their thoughts, ideas or anything else about Fort Triumph.

C’ya around 😉

Omer Sharon
    Keymaster
    • Developer

hello there,
    I’m Omer Sharon, I’m a Concept artist and a general art helper omthe team.
    I’m 29 years old, been playing computer games since i can remember myself, mostly shooters though 😀

Been playing a LOT of Starcraft,warcraft 2, Runescape, Allods online, Medal of Honor (when it just came out) and my new love- Overwatch!
    I really love the atmosphere that some games create, also visualy aswell as story-wise (if they got one worth noting)

As well as playing games my first love is drawing and painting, since I was young I was drawing stuff I saw in games and movies.
    I love designing and finding solutions to the “problems” we face when creating new enviroments and characters.
    Besides designing, my official BFA is in Animation (4 years at Bezalel Academy of Arts and Design), however I slowly discovered I am more atraccted to concept art, it just happened more naturally.

And thats it, this is me pretty much, in short :]

Randall Stevenson
    Participant
    • Kickstarter Backer

hey there, I’m Randall.
    started gaming back on the intellivision and the Atari 2600 and this the first time I’ve vacked anything on kickstarter, really looking forward to seeing the finished product

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.